"For we, which now behold these present days, have eyes to wonder, but lack tongues to praise"
-William Shakespeare

Friday, November 30, 2012

Don't Forget

I am to blame for a poem 
That comes right at you, 
Tickling your knees, furry 
As a stray cat. 
I am to blame for the clumsy 
That my hands have, my feet. 
I have wronged you, 
You and your charm, your giggle. 

And I can’t seem to forget, 
Just as you cannot seem to forget, 
So remember me with this; 
Only that I remember you 
As forgiving, 
But then you remember me
As unforgettable. 
I have forgiven my pride; 
I am saying sorry. 
The stars have long forgotten sadness; 
They’re looking at you. 

Nag at me dear, than not to talk. 
I have forgotten what it’s like 
To talk to you, 
And it did remind me 
That I miss you.

Forgive; 
Forget the guys in the past, 
Your past. 
Forget the horoscopes. 
But just… 
Just… 
Forgive me.

© 2012 J.S.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment