"For we, which now behold these present days, have eyes to wonder, but lack tongues to praise"
-William Shakespeare

Friday, November 30, 2012

Tendencies

Forgive the indecency, the informal use of words; 
Of not naming who is this for; 
Of writing from far off, unspoken. 
I have fallen into the category 
Of hopeless romantics, 
Hoping 
That you’re romantic too.

I have a tendency to stutter, 
To say a sweet slip-of-tongue that goes 
‘I love……’ 
I have a tendency to miss you, 
A tendency to court you.

I have the tendency to look 
At curves 
Than to look straightly. 
But I like your eyes that are open, 
Reminding me 
Of how things 
Can beautifully close. 
I don’t know how you shape your self 
Into the full or crescent of the moon. 
Your waist is foreign 
To my calm lips. 
I do not know how you shape-up 
Into the world 
That I am lost in.

I am weak, and I tend to climb up 
Like an ant wishing it had bitten you 
A little higher 
From your knees. 
I tend to shy myself out, 
Out from wallflowers, 
Like a vine to the other wall, 
Gripping my self.

I tend to give melted chocolates; 
A flower, just one. 
I have a tendency to serenade 
At a wrong window. 
I have a tendency to write…a love poem…
…for you.

I have a tendency to love. 
I am… human.

© 2012 J.S.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment