"For we, which now behold these present days, have eyes to wonder, but lack tongues to praise"
-William Shakespeare

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Sweetly


You are nowhere to be found 
By my side, sweetly, 
Perhaps, just for one day, 
One night, 
And one dream. 

One sweet gesture not for me 
Was like a time stopped forever. 
One breath: harder than the last. 
And they say that 
Jealousy is also sweet. 
I wonder. 

My travel is long and hard, 
That even the beauty 
Of a female passenger, across, 
Feet in front of feet, eyes to sleepy eyes, 
Did not bother me, 
As much as your giggle 
Bothers me, 
Sweetly. 

Bread does not nourish me. 
My mind has lost its old self 
From having thought at times, 
That I have not eaten with you always. 
So what was it like, 
If your head tilts from there, 
To here, 
To a sad shoulder? 
What was it like 
To hold your hand, 
Or the other, 
Sweetly? 
I have hungered for days, beloved. 
I like what I do not have. 

I have felt the December breeze 
Lean unto me, 
And have not felt your arms 
Sometimes, 
Or the touch of finger. 
I just wish that your voice 
Has flesh enough; 
That your shy look has embrace enough, 
So that night by night, 
I won’t have to dream 
Of kiss, kiss, kissing you to sleep, 
Over and over. 

And you will ask me 
If I feel that gummy bear of love, 
And I’d say yes, 
Sweetly. 

© 2011 J.S.P. 

No comments:

Post a Comment