"For we, which now behold these present days, have eyes to wonder, but lack tongues to praise"
-William Shakespeare

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Limit


As soon as I have left, 
I have returned. 
Such is my fate, 
As though a sudden wave 
Receding from the shore, 
As though 
The nomadic wind 
That brushes 
Your shy cheeks by; that lifts your hair, 
Glorious, 
In a captivating moment. 

No shadow, nor faint light, 
Could ever walk with me, 
Like you always do. 
I will roam the Earth 
And will not lose you. 
A part of you, etched, 
Scratched, 
On the melancholic fibers
That this heart has. 
You are, but the far-off things I see 
At sleepless nights. 

I have limited my words among the crowd: 
I have limited my self 
To “I love you”, day by day, 
Intending to say it 
Right there and then, 
On that soft cloud 
You are sleeping on, sly angel. 

My mouth has not sufficed 
Since my last kiss; 
Your laugh is for my lips, 
Your lips are, 
Your silence. 

I have limited my steps 
Into an island: 
I could never stray from you, 
Though you tend to stray from me, 
Little by little, 
Word after word, 
Look after look, 
Blink 
After blink. 

Pardon me, if I see to it, 
That you sit gracefully; 
That I see to it
That you’re simple 
As a white rose, 
That I feel to it, 
That your heart 
Is across from mine; 
That I see to it 
That my feet were across from yours, 
Even just that. 

Pardon me, 
If I have limited my self 
Into a question… 
For you to answer. 

© 2011 J.S.P. 

No comments:

Post a Comment