"For we, which now behold these present days, have eyes to wonder, but lack tongues to praise"
-William Shakespeare

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Empty


I love you, and 
Without you, 
So much has been said. 
The world is full of strangers. 
I have been told of the glass, 
Half-full: and is, still, 
Empty for me. 

Both halves of me move on: 
One, moves with you, 
Holding on; 
The other, hollow, 
Full of emptiness. 
I have so much to tell. 

I have a liking for destiny. 
I have so much emptiness 
For you to fill. 
I can’t imagine a dream, 
Falling, 
In to me, 
Crashing, 
And it is not you 
That falls into my arms, 
Crying. 

I can’t imagine a day more, 
Lonely, sweetly 
Turning into night, 
Lonely, 
And I would think of you, 
You only. 
As I, would say empty words 
Like ‘I miss you’. 

I love you. 
I love you so much. 
So much, that life, without you, 
Can never be complete. 
So much, that emptiness 
Will only reach its completion, 
If you leave. So much, 
That if I leave you, 
My heart will search for you 
Looking 
For its completeness. 

So much that a love 
Emptied unto you 
Could make a heart feel satisfied. 
So much, 
That ‘I love you’ 
Is not enough. 
So much, 
That ‘I love you’ 
Meant emptiness. 

So much that I only… 
…only want to be completed… 
…by you.

© 2012 J.S.P. 

No comments:

Post a Comment