"For we, which now behold these present days, have eyes to wonder, but lack tongues to praise"
-William Shakespeare

Thursday, September 20, 2012

A Dream, An Illusion


It is as though I would touch you: 
That you’re a mimosa, and I wouldn’t know 
If you’re awake or you’re asleep, 
That all I know 
Is I am dreaming. 

I was just a boy 
Picking muntingias for you. 
I was just the rain, forever falling. 
I was just an empty boat, 
Until you came. 

Little are my thoughts of bitterness. 
You are pure to me- cotton, 
Heaps of love, white, 
Which I can’t materialize. 

But… you cannot love me. 
The very echo scattering: 
All walls of room- sorrow, 
Lamentation. 
I could not believe a certain truth; 
Just a friend, 
Just… a friend. 

A lightning bolt severs two parts of sky. 
The sky severs me from you. 
I have no grip over your heart, fleeting. 
And I cannot be prevented from waiting. 

You are my prayer, always. 
I can only count the moments. 
I can only remember it 
At some point. 
You were sweet to me, 
You’re once were. 

And you would be, 
Just be, an illusion, 
And I’d see you, in seeing 
Some other girls’ back, 
In seeing the sway of hair, 
But it won’t be you. 

© 2012 J.S.P. 

No comments:

Post a Comment