"For we, which now behold these present days, have eyes to wonder, but lack tongues to praise"
-William Shakespeare

Thursday, September 20, 2012

How To Say I Love You


There’s nothing quite mediocre 
Than to say I love you via SMS, 
With a cell phone, 
When I know from deep down inside, 
I want it said in front of you, 
Holding your hand 
Tightly. 

I want it said through 
The secret world 
Of your irises, 
Heaped at your very feet, 
Tangled 
At your hair, like a dead leaf 
Breathing its last day on earth, 
Happily. 

I long to say it once, only once, 
That I have loved you once, 
And have not stopped 
Since then. 
I need not to repeat an everlasting fact. 
But I feel, truly feel, 
That if we wanted it heard, 
Felt, 
Over and over, 
Then we’d just better make 
The sound of kiss, together, 
You and I. 

Let us share a secret 
With our mouths, 
As I’d hold your sweet waist; 
Your arms, encircled 
At my very nape; 
Our eyes, suffering 
From nearsightedness, 
Sweetly. 

Nobody sees you like I see you. 
No one does. 
I can only tell that the stars 
Don’t look back, 
But they get to blink at us, 
Wondering. 
They begin to question why their arms 
Were not with another. 
I can only tell that some things 
Are meant to look at, 
Just to look at. 

I begin to question 
Why I get to tell that I love you, 
With eyes not steadied 
At your very eyes. 
I begin to question your eyes. 
I begin to answer you 
With I love you-s, 
Even without your asking, 
Even without you… 
…looking.

© 2012 J.S.P. 

No comments:

Post a Comment