"For we, which now behold these present days, have eyes to wonder, but lack tongues to praise"
-William Shakespeare

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Hidden, Until Now

And I am captivated, 
Who wouldn’t be? 
Who for one can contain 
Amazing 
In the simple? 
Who, with the smile exquisite, can make 
All doors open in my life, 
Where poetry could enter 
And leave 
As it pleases? 

Who has these glows, black, 

Escaping off 
Of the arches of her ears? 
Your lips 
Are where the thin moon sleeps, silver, 
Scattering the feathers, 
Playful 
Upon the glory of your face. 
The deep peace in your eyes 
Makes me wonder 
How perfect 
The night sky would be, 
Having two more stars, 
Of being two-stars brighter. 

Where in the world could I have likened 

Two hands, 
Holding this book one moment 
And my hopeless heart the other, except 
At this moment 
Where I would want them travelling 
The last road 
My arms, my hands, my skin 
Took off 
Of romanticism. 

I love how your voice 

Rises for me, to me, 
To create a gap between me 
And my immovable loneliness; 
I love it when it rises, 
Then falls down with the giggling, 
Taking me home, 
My smile taken care of. 

Where in the world have you been hiding 

When I was hiding love away? 

Why did you pass by…

…just as love was passing by, 
Returning to me?

© 2012 J.S.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment