"For we, which now behold these present days, have eyes to wonder, but lack tongues to praise"
-William Shakespeare

Monday, October 1, 2012

Much More

I am more than a mystery.
I am more than this love on paper.
I am more than the hopeless romantic.
I am more than the stutters.
I am more…because of you.

I am more because I cannot boast.
I am more of a simple guy looking
At a simple girl.
I am more of a lover now, inspired.
I am more than the clumsy;
I am more…because you’re so much more.

I am more because—
Because I’m one-less lonely;
I am more because I’m one-step closer.
I am more than the shadow; how I wish
That you could pinch me into flesh,
Into cupcakes,
Into twitterpation.
I am more than the poet that I was.
I am more than the love that I was.
I am more than a heavy heart.

I am more than a dreamer,
If you’d smile for me:
I could be dreaming more, more of you,
Or less for this reality,
For your reality
Once intangible.

I’d be more than the missing,
For I’d be missing you;
Don’t let me be missed by you.
Now, I’d like to be more
Than a face in the crowd,
Because you’re more than the face,
You’re more than the voice,
You’re more than the heart.

You are a gift…from God…
…and so much more.

© 2012 J.S.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment